Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day

Since Brody came into our lives just over two years ago, I have gained a new perspective on Mother's Day.
Being a mom is the best, and I try not to take a single moment for granted. 
Not only has he given me a new perspective on Mother's Day, but on life in general.
I am so blessed.
Tonight after Brody's bath, he was sitting on my lap wrapped in a towel.
He said, "baby," "baby," layed down in my arms, and wanted me to rock him.
He wanted to be my baby, and I gladly let him. 

He made this flower, and colored a picture for me while he was at the babysitter.  When I came to the door to pick him up, he ran to me holding the flower and picture, and jumped in my arms.
It was the greatest.

However, Mother's Day has ALWAYS been a special day because of HER. . .
 I love you, Mom!

and HER. . .
(this is Diane, Brent's step-mom, who we also love dearly).

and HER. . .
 I can't wait to meet her on the other side some day.  This is Brent's mother, Margaret, and I have heard so many amazing things about her.  


All of the moms in our lives have taught me so much, and I have so many wonderful examples of motherhood.
In addition to the incredible mothers mentioned above, there's also my SISTER,
several SISTERS-IN-LAW, and FRIENDS.
There are so many mothers I look up to, and adore.  


This Mother's Day we visited my parents, along with my sister, and her family, and my brother.
It was a special day together, and I love days when we get to be all together.

We couldn't have asked for better weather, and we soaked it up while hanging out in the yard.



My big bro Steve did the most thoughtful thing.
He cooked a scrumptious dinner consisting of ribs, corn-on-the-cob, baked beans, and Mel, and I supplied the tater salad, and desert.

Brody was obviously excited about something!






I feel like a pretty lucky mom/daughter.

Thanks, Mom, for being the perfect example of what a MOM is.
You are: 
Caring, kind, self-less, knowledgeable, compassionate, a best friend, full of good advice, spiritual, thoughtful, honest, beautiful (inside, and out), funny, and smart.
You always know when to say the right thing, and you're always there for us.
(and on, and on, and on. . . .)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment