Tuesday, October 9, 2012


Our FINAL DAY in Hawaii.  Boo!!
We started out the day by going to the swap meet at Aloha Stadium.  It was HUGE, and wrapped completely around the stadium with endless vendors, and any type of Hawaiian memorabilia, or souvenir you could ever want.  Had we known, we would've gone at the beginning of our trip because here, we  found 1/2 price on some of the excursions we went on.  Oh well, live and learn.
It rained off, and on most of the morning, but it was such a pretty, warm rain with rainbows, and pots of gold    
(almost that good).

I had always wanted to drink from a coconut, so I did.
Lets just say, fresh coconut water tastes like dirty, swamp water.
I was not impressed, but hey, at least now I know!

We spent most of the morning at the swap meet, then it was off to the airport to catch our 1 o'clock flight.
It came all too soon.  Our trip whizzed by, but we truly had a blast, and loved every minute of it. 
We were thankful for the opportunity to go, and while we were sad to leave, we were anxious to get back to our little man.

Farewell Hawaii. . . until next time.

It was 6 hours of flying, plus we lost 3 hours with the time change to Vegas, so it was nearly 11 pm when we got to Vegas (we also had a delayed flight). We stayed the night on the strip in Vegas, and had a nice surprise when we arrived at our hotel. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite!
The next morning Brent awoke in Vegas on his birthday!  Jaime tried to convince him he needed to ride the roller coaster at New York, New York, but Brent thought otherwise.
He was ready to get home to his cows, horses, and especially his buddy, Brody.

When we walked in the house, we were greeted by the pitter-patter of little feet running toward us, followed by Brody jumping in our arms, hugging us.  He was saying, "Mommy's home, Daddy's home!" It was a good feeling.  Brody missed us after all, but I do know he had a good time with Grandma, and Grandpa as well.
We are so appreciative to my parents for watching Brody, and taking such good care of him.
Thanks, Mom and Dad!

The following day, Brody wore his surfer boy threads to church.

I was trying to get Brody to look at the "bird!"  It was a ploy to try to get him to hold still for 2 seconds for a picture.  Fail.

Success. . . well sort of.

Even Brody has caught the "hang loose" bug!

We celebrated Brent's birthday as a family, and I even whipped out some domestic skills, and made Brent a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (his favorite).
Brody helped him blow out the candles.

This swimming frog was one of the souvenirs we brought home from Hawaii for Brody.

Initially, he was afraid of it, and wouldn't hold it, or touch it.
(but he would spit on it).

Then he got brave, and got in the bath tub with his frog.
Boy, we sure missed this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment