Sunday, March 24, 2013

Brody's 3rd Birthday-- Part 1

How is it even possible I have a 3-year-old?  That sounds so old, and my baby isn't a baby anymore.  It makes me sad that time is going so fast and I wish I could slow it down, but at the same time it's so much fun watching him grow and I love every single day with him.
We spent two weekends in a row celebrating Brody's birthday.  The weekend before his birthday, his birth-parents were in town, and the following weekend, our families celebrated his special day.

We met up with Kourtney and Jordan, Brody's birth-parents, for bowling and pizza.
With an open adoption we are able to get together for events such as this. 
We feel really blessed-- Brody has so many people who love him.




If all else fails, eat your birthday cake with your hands. . .

Jordan gave Brody this handmade airplane which he loved!


Brody's birthday fell on Monday, so we saved the majority of the present opening for that day so it would feel special as well.


Pull!



To heck with waiting for us to take it out of the box.

Brody had 3 simple request for his birthday:
1- Fire on his cake! (the candles).
2- Superman on his cake.
3- Doggies in his presents. (We settled for a stuffed walking, barking version).
I think we managed to fulfill all of those requests.  

No comments:

Post a Comment